Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thing 4

I agree with you JP aka Mr. Lieto. I also did enjoy scrolling through the kid-versioned slide shows. It definitely make the information more enjoyable to take in and easy to reflect upon. In other words it made learning about Web 2.0 enjoyable! Now I know some of the greater aspects of Web 2.0 and I found it rather interesting!!! Now applying it will be the fun part ;)

I also agree with you JP aka Mr. Lieto on the idea of I would also like to think that using this in the classroom would make learning fun and a blast for the students. However, the sticky part is that not all schools have the ability to make this a serious part of each school day. Besides like Mr. Lieto said, not all students have computer and internet access at their own homes. That does present a problem. These are WONDERFUL and AWESOME ideas that we teachers get from others and the web, but we just have to figure out how to make it relevant within the walls of our own classroom. It would be great and rewarding to see our students sharing ideas and connecting with other students.

As to the slide show about colleges connecting and sharing ideas virtually I do think it could be possible for us teachers at our school to do this. I think that, like at lunch time, this would be a great opportunity for us to "bounce" idea off each other and it would definitely make communication a lot better. We teachers need to also share our ideas and connect with each other. In the long run it will benefit us and our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment