Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thing 3 (Winter Session 2011)

Question:

How has teaching and learning have changed since you were a child, and how they are still the same?

Answer:

Well since I was little things have changes a lot, but things have also stayed the same. Some of the more recent changes are;
-the use of technology within the classroom (Example: My teachers would use overhead projectors & transparencies, but I get to use a document camera which is my bff. Lets just say that in the beginning of my teaching career I thought I would be carrying on the tradition of using transparencies, but I am so glad that I am not. I almost broke the copier trying to make a transparency.)
-No more blackboards....YEAH no more chalk dust...yuckie stuff
-more group work instead of individual work
-the students have computers now in the classroom and they are not for practicing their typing skills.....like ours were...no wait we only had computers in the computer lab
-more hands on learning instead of only relaying in the textbooks
-more unique ways to present information or a lesson to students...abstract thinking to reach them
-handwriting seems to have become a lost art form

Ways it has not changed:
-still sit in desks
-still have lots of textbooks

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it be great if our students could have iPads with all of their textbooks on them? No more 40 pound backpacks.

    ReplyDelete